In a letter dated 29 May 2020, the Provincial of the former Maryland Province of the Society of Jesus announced his decision to close the Jesuit Center for Spiritual Growth, effective August 2021. You may read the Provincial’s letter, accompanying FAQs, and Br. Derby’s letter of response here.
While we are sorrowful at the decision, we are focused on the remaining time of ministry here in Wernersville. The Jesuit Center will continue to offer retreats and other programs for spiritual renewal, and to host groups, through August 2021. You can see our 2020-2021 program calendar here.
The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius are an enduring school of prayer. In our time the work of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin has opened up new ways of understanding the movement of the spiritual life and the human journey to God. Anita Wood and Frank Kaminski, SJ of the Center Staff will present a weekend retreat to help people on the Ignatian journey to discover how Teilhard can enhance and deepen their experience.
• The retreat will be done in the Ignatian mode of silence with ample time for personal prayer and reflection. Four presentations will be offered, and material shared to focus and orient personal prayer.
• Topics will include: The Principle & Foundation, the Contemplation on the Incarnation, The Meditation on the Two Standards, and The Contemplation on the Love of God.
• A period of Eucharistic Adoration will offer a time to interiorize some of Teilhard’s insights into the meaning & dynamism of the Mass.
Fr. Frank Kaminski, SJ
That All May Be One
A Weekend Retreat with Teilhard
with Fr. Frank Kaminski, SJ &
Ms. Anita Wood
February 26-28, 2021
Guided Retreats > Page 1 > Page 2
• At the end of the retreat there will be an opportunity to share in small groups the insights and graces that have come through this experience.
• There will be opportunities for liturgy, individual consultation, and the Sacrament of Reconciliation during the weekend.
Arrival is on Friday between 4:00 & 5:45 PM, followed by dinner and the opening session; departure is on Sunday at 2:00 PM.
Cost is $240 ($120 deposit)
After you register, you'll be instructed to pay your final cost.
Click here to make payment.
“THAT ALL MAY BE ONE” is a guided weekend retreat of silent prayer focused on aspects of the Spiritual Exercises as seen through the lens of the spiritual/theological insights of Teilhard de Chardin.